What does it cover?
The qualification has mandatory and optional units.
The mandatory units cover:
- electrical installation design
- environmental technology systems
- electrical science and principles
- electrical installation craft
- inspection, testing, commissioning
- diagnosing and correcting electrical faults.
The optional units cover:
- overseeing and organising the work environment
- requirements of BS7671:2008 (2011)
- small scale solar photovoltaic systems.
The qualification also has integral health and safety in some of the units applicable to the topic being studied.